Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Bob Collins <bob@sfcei.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HUGE kernel

Well, I didn't even think about the debug... oops :-) Anyway, the
suggestions I made should make the kernel smaller still... gzipping the
kernel is something that's sometimes done in order to fit it on a
floppy... I think maybe the generic kernel (at least the one used in the
install process) is gzipped...

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|