Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 02:09:00 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Luke Kearney <lukek@meibin.net>
Subject:   Re: next question re the Thinkpad.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 05:19:09PM +0900, Luke Kearney wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:24:47 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> granted us these pearls of wisdom:
>

> > 	Is anybody using a Thinkpad among the list?  I have found one
> > 	with the
> >
> > 	``SMC 2206 compact USB-Ethernet adapter for connecting to
> > 	ethernet networks.''
> >
> > 	In LINT (4.10) I see "SMC 2202USB" listed.
> >
> > 	Can anybody help me?
> >
> > 	gary
>
> I have Thinkpad X30 which runs 4.9-p10 currently and I have had no real
> issues in setting it up. Mine has inbuilt NIC's though and there were no
> issues at all in recognising the ethernet or wireless NIC. X was really
> easy to setup and it's been really reliable since day1.
>
> HTH

	It helps to a point.   The thing is that my budget is limited
	to th $200-$300 range.  I'm not looking for anything fast ...
	just smething solid with a good drive and CDROM.  And a NC
	that just-works.

	I've been checking the freebsd laptop list and working from
	these, but still flying blind pretty much.

	Anybody else have laptop success stories to share in
	the 266-400MHz range??

	thanks to all,

	gary

--