Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 01:09:22 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ashley <ashley@labyrinth.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bus error!

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >> Mar 21 03:33:36 quasar /kernel: pid 19809 (communicator-4.0), uid 1000:
> >> exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
> >>
> >> and then everytime after that when i tried to run enlightenment i get
> >> this:
> >>
> >> Mar 21 03:53:28 quasar /kernel: pid 174 (enlightenment), uid 1000: exited
> >> on signal 10 (core dumped)
> >
> > Hm...
> >
> >> this was not happening before the Netscape signal 10 above. :(
> >>
> >> any help appreciated :)
> >
> > Try reinstalling X from scratch, I guess:
> >
> > rm -rf /usr/X11R6
>
> Sorry, I disagree strongly with this approach.  enlightenment isn't X,
> and there's no reason to believe that the problem is with X.  On the
> other hand, I *have* heard of problems with enlightenment, and that's
> what the messages are saying.
>
> I'd suggest backing out enlightenment and trying a different window
> manager to see if the problems still occur.

i have installed X from scratch and the problem still persists.

i can run any other Windowmanager fine which is really annoying. i've
heard of quite a few cases of enlightenment deciding it wouldn't work
anymore. it seems to be a very strange program.

if anyone has any other ideas it'd be appreciated. i'd like to get it
working again.

thanx.

Ciao.
Ashley.