Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:36:14 GMT
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Is INDEX being updated?

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses.

I don't cvsup ports-all to maintain my /usr/ports hierarchy. I use
about 40 ports and I built /usr/ports by anoncvs checkout of just those
that I use.

The recent death of anoncvs.freebsd.org has prevented me from updating
in my normal manner with anoncvs.

I appreciate the convenience of cvsup for the src-all tree but feel
that the near 100MB quoted for the full ports-all tree is a little much
disk real-estate for my needs.

My main use of pkg_version is with the periodic/weekly/400.pkg-status
cron job pointed at the master INDEX file. Looks like I can't rely on=20
this
method to check the status of my ports without first building a copy of
INDEX locally :-(

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.