Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 96 20:39:01 +0900
From:      ko-baba@kdd.co.jp
To:        nate@sri.MT.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel reconfiguration for 3Com PCMCIA

>> Now I am trying reconfiguration of kernel.
>> I know the original kernel does not support 3C589C card. But I
>> can not understand what you mean by "if_zp driver in -stable
>> supports the 3C589C".
>
>You need to get the kernel sources from the -stable release, and not
>from the 2.1R release.  You'll need to use ftp/sup/ctm to get them, and
>then build a kernel.

Thanks again.

I can understand the way to update my kernel using sup or ctm, but
I guess those procedure need ftp connection between my machine
 and server which stores FreeBSD-stable sources.

How can I do that under this situation (using only PCMCIA 3C589C
 ( original kernel does not support this )).

please forgive me to make many questions.
----
Koji Baba (ko-baba@kdd.co.jp)