Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 22:42:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        kleon@bellsouth.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook - ascii form??

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Brian Somers wrote:

> This looks more like a suggested way of removing overstrikes
> to me.  That was certainly the intention.

My point was that users ought not to have to process the handbook
with tools that they may not have or may not know how to use.  If
it's such a piece of cake, why not do it and get the results on
the server?

I may be in danger of losing my sense of humor.  Especially on this
Saturday night.  :)

What I suspect is that these docs have been sgml'd, html'd, troff'd,
groff'd, roff'd, and ps'd, and it's no longer possible to produce
just plain old text.....

Wanted!  Converter to plain text!

Annelise