Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:13:39 -0500
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   restoring the audio device (pcm) when "already in use"

My own machine is back, and almost everything is  working again.  The
broken ports are a separate issue, but I still don't have my sound back.

I use pcm, and every application (well, at least those that can send
messages) tell me that the audio device is already in use --which is
wrong.  How do I figure out what has wrongly locked it?

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail