Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 1996 21:41:56 -0600
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing / Subnets / Dial-in PPP

I have a 32-node Class C subnet at the office (netmask 255.255.255.224).
There is a FreeBSD box, various PCs and an Ascend 50 that is the default
gateway to the rest of the Internet.

I would like to dial in to the FreeBSD machine from home, and use one of the
IPs on that subnet for the home PC. Right now, I dial in, login, start ppp
-direct with the assigned IP. I can talk to the unix box fine. I just can't
get any further out. I don't get ping response from any other machine on my
subnet, or past the Ascend.  I have IPFORWARDING and GATEWAY in the kernel,
and there is a route to my home machine from the unix box.

How do I set routing (or options), so that the unix box grabs stuff from the
ethernet and sends them down to the home PC?

TIA.

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.