Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:51:35 -0800
From:      "Walter Collins" <wcollins@best.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Won't boot from hd - new install

30 mg DOS partition - 210 mg freebsd  165   slice created and set active.
386  8 mg RAM  (was 4 and could not install)

The installation goes through per the book (Lehey) - no problems, but when
the install is complete the following messages appear when rebooting:

can't find boot.config
can't find boot.help
can't find kernel

I've blown everything off about 3 times and I can't find the problem.  I
have the same installation on my s/u NT box and it works fine.  This box is
also going to be a learning box and there is nothing on it to destroy.  I
don't mind digging and learning.  For starters, how to make it boot.

Thanks,

Walter
wcollins@best.com