Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:30:22 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <rohrbach@nacamar.net>
To:        ulf@Alameda.net, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMI MegaRAID

okay, so iīll poke them in the ribs, letīs see what happens next :>

excerpt from linux-2.2.1īs drivers/scsi/megaraid.c:

 *                    Linux MegaRAID device driver
 *
 * Copyright 1998 American Megatrends Inc.
 *
 *              This program is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or
 *              modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
 *              as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
 *              2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
 *
 * Version : 0.92
 *
 *

maybe they insist on implementing it themselves?

/k

Ulf Zimmermann (ulf@Alameda.net) @ Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 03:51:31AM -0800:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 01:10:50AM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > > is somebody else working on an ami megaraid scsi driver? just curious.
> >
> > I poked them at Comdex this year, asking them for documentation so I
> > could send it to anyone interested.  No response yet.
>
> About 6 months ago, I tried very hard to get anything from AMI. After like
> 3 weeks they said No. If anyone gets docs, I have a 428 controller with
> 3 channels here.
>

> > --
> > \\  Sometimes you're ahead,       \\  Mike Smith
> > \\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  mike@smith.net.au
> > \\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> > \\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msmith@cdrom.com

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-scsi" in the body of the message
>
> --
> Regards, Ulf.

"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom." -- W. Blake
http://www.nacamar.de - http://www.nacamar.net - http://www.webmonster.de
http://www.apache.de - http://www.quakeforum.de - finger rohrbach@nacamar.net
PGP Key fingerprint = F9 A0 DF 91 74 07 6A 1C  5F 0B E0 6B 4D CD 8C 44