Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 02:45:33 -0600
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Fook Sheng <fschan@csah.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: socket programming on FreeBSD - any references ??

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 04:53:34PM +0800, Fook Sheng wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am learning sockets programming , especially raw sockets. I rely on TCP
> Illustrated 123 and unix network programming.
>
> will those examples on these books work on FreeBSD??
>
> I'm getting some funny errors when compiling my codes

okay, since you didn't catch what I said in my previous email:

INET(3)                FreeBSD Library Functions Manual                INET(3)
[..]
SYNOPSIS
     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <sys/socket.h>
     #include <netinet/in.h>
     #include <arpa/inet.h>

there are other files that you may have to include as well. UNP
and the other stevens books use libunp.h or something similar that
include all the required files for you.

please stop skimming and read, the book is very explicit on how to compile.

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org