Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:48:41 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sync card?

Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Christian Fortin wrote:

> > and the driver is not for eveay duty ISP.

> > I try to have some kind of support, but the driver is not made by Cyclades
> > And they dont take the responsability to support it.
> > The companie have a full support for Linux but not for FreeBSD.

I had loads of problems until I switched my cyclades 16y terminal server
from Linux to FreeBSD.  The only problem that remains is sometimes the
first (and busiest) line in the hunt group gets too tired and starts
spewing out junk.  A complete term server and modem reset doesn't fix it
either.

> I have found the Cyclades cards to work well, without much fuss, except
> for some CLOCAL problems.  What problems did you experience?
>
> Danny

Danny can you describe the CLOCAL problems please.

regards
damian

--
*    Damian Hamill   M.D.       damian@cablenet.net