Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:58:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: missing /dev/dsp

>> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:26:18 -0500 (EST)
>> From: "kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net>
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>>

>> hi all..
>>
>>  i sent my t30 to ibm to replace a not working ram slot and i got it
>> back
>> in less then 48 hrs. pretty good. except the /dev/dsp is missing.
>>
>>  i don't see any cards in the dmesg but i know that the audio card is
>> "SoundBlaster compatible". my system is 5.4 and according to the
>> handbook
>> devfs should figure it out - i haven't had to do this before...
>> a have the audio enabled in the kernel... pcm...
>>
>> any ideas why is the dsp missing?  i think they did bios upgrade - is
>> that
>> what screwed it up?
>
> A dmesg would be helpful as would kldstat and kernel config.

 i don't really see it in the dmesg. and the pciconf says it's not there
either....
for kldstat i have:
o# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    9 0xc0400000 5e73f4   kernel
 2    1 0xc09e8000 5884     snd_ich.ko
 3   14 0xc09ee000 56270    acpi.ko
 4    1 0xc2767000 17000    linux.ko

i'm thinking the card is screwed up somewhere internally...  thanks...