Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 1995 01:20:58 +0300
From:      "Andrew A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, phk@ref.tfs.com, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr
Subject:   Re: CVS stuff

In message <9501162022.AA23787@cs.weber.edu> Terry Lambert writes:

>> >Any code that uses a signed character as an lvalue for a getch/getc, and
>> >then checks for -1.
>>
>> >Presumably, the response will be "that code is broken".
>>
>> I know about this thing, of course. Do you know any particular
>> FreeBSD program which use this thing?

>No, or it would be fixed, I'd think -- or at least complained about.

>Maybe the question to be asked is "do I know of any code that is used on
>FreeBSD, but isn't maintained by FreeBSD, which uses this thing".  The
>answer to that question is "Yes.  Lots of code is available which is not
>yet internationalized, but which is 8-bit clean except for 0x00 and 0xff".

Terry, please, can you answer more detail then simple "Lots of code"?
Please send me program names list (used in FreeBSD, base & ports areas)
and I'll try to fix them.
Currently I don't bother about 0x00, because koi8-r and iso8859-* have
ascii-compatible lower half, so I bother only about 0xff.
--
Andrew A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -