Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:26:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Randy Schultz <schultz@sgi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loader.conf != limits?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Dan Nelson spaketh thusly:

-}In the last episode (Feb 27), Randy Schultz said:
-}> I've been running some code with larger data sets and needed to up
-}> some kernerl parameters.  I added this to loader.conf:
-}>    kern.maxdsiz="1073741824"
-}>    kern.dfldsiz="1073741824"
-}>    kern.maxssiz="134217728"
-}>
-}> The odd thing is limits shows:
-}> Resource limits (current):
-}>   cputime          infinity secs
-}>   filesize         infinity kB
-}>   datasize          1048576 kB
-}>   stacksize          131072 kB
-}>
-}> Anybody know what's up with this?
-}
-}Should something be up?  1073741824/1024 is 1048576, which is what the
-}limit command shows.  The stack size hasn't changed because you didn't
-}set kern.dflssiz.  You can also set the default sizes in
-}/etc/login.conf.

Doh!  Thinking powers of 10 not 2.  Sorry.  Didn't know about the login.conf
bit tho'.  Tnx.

--
 Randy    (schultz@sgi.com)  715-726-2832     email bodhisattva     <*>

 "There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred,  there is no
snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed."