Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:14:24 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   AC 97 audio chip

i have an abit va6 motherboard. it has an AC 97 Audio Codec.
I'm not sure exactly what it all means, but, basically this motherboard
has an "integrated" audio capability built into it. I have some speakers
connected
to the "spseaker out" jack coming from the mb.

$ dmesg seems to indicate that freebsd sees the audio chip. it says:

chip2: <VIA 82C686 AC97 Audio>

then dmesg cites three port# ranges, then cites irq5 at device 7.5 on pci0

can anyone help me w/getting my audio to work on FreeBSD? is there any
setup/config I have to do before i try to play audio cds?
Thanks