Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 96 16:06:05 -800
From:      pokora <pokora@execpc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   initial login

Thanks for everyones help,I've finially got FreeBSD to boot from
my second IDE drive.

The problem I now have pertains to logining in.
I currently get an error message as follows(this is't exact except
for the mountd[76]):

login: time and data stamp, mountd[76]: Cann't mountdbtab

then I get another login prompt.

Is there an error on my system? Is something trying to mount that
is needed to login? Who should I login as? Is there a
superuser and login password that I should be using to initially
login? What is it?

How do I create users if I cannot get initially logged in?
Once logged in, how would I create users?
Do I need to start the  install process again from the floopy,there
was an item to create users?

I know these are probably very basic questions, please forgive me.
I'm a student and right now trying to use this as a learning
experience and who know what else in the future.

How can I FTP a set of files instead of doing one at a time?
I could then get the handbook and all the FAQ's.

Thanks again for all who responed, I hope I can get the OS running
this weekend, create users, get the ppp running and to be able to
dial into the system and connect to a ppp line. I also eventually
would like to setup a web server, ftp, telnet etc...

This system seem to have unlimited potential.

Thanks

Ross