Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      michael@dynamine.net
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/20334: Scripted sysinstall cannot configure interfaces via DHCP

>Number:         20334
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Scripted sysinstall cannot configure interfaces via DHCP
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

It appears that one cannot use DHCP to configure the system using
sysinstall's scripted installation feature.

The man page for sysinstall indicates that network configuration parameters
must be set manually before calling mediaSetFTP or mediaSetNFS.

This means that if I were to roll out a network of, say, 200 FreeBSD boxes,
I'd need to have 200 script diskettes, one for each box.  This would be
terribly inefficient.