Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 02:30:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        dave@google.com
Cc:        comments@google.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re/Fwd: freebsd specific search

> As you may or may not be aware, google.com has a linux specific search
> engine at http://www.google.com/linux.  I have expressed interest in
> possibly creating a freebsd specific search engine.  I need support from
> the BSD community for this.  If this is something we might all enjoy and
> benefit from please send email to dave@google.com and CC
> comments@google.com expressing your interest.

As an avid user of both Linux and FreeBSD, I would welcome such an
addition to your web site.  I generally use Linux as a desktop platform,
but heavily rely on FreeBSD's emphasis on stability and functionality when
it comes to mission-critical uses such as networking and database
applications.  As the CIO of a medical laboratory, it is critical that our
systems have the highest availability rate possible.  Over the last few
years, I have replaced almost all of our Linux-based servers with FreeBSD,
due to the quality-control measures that the FreeBSD development team have
implemented.

Thank you -- Mike Nowlin -- mike@argos.org