Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 05:34:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        jhs@jhs.muc.de
Cc:        swun@eSec.com.au, postmaster@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Avoid sending false Content-Type: ... charset= to BSD lists.

	when quoting email intothe freebsd mailing lists, you must
remove the "X-Loop: FreeBSD.org" header.  we use this header to stop
mailing loops, which plagued us till the header was added.  if an
email is sent to the list with the "X-Loop: FreeBSD.org" header, that
email will be sent to the list of bounced messages.

	would you have me remove the "Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=gb2312" header or delete the "charset=gb2312" portion?

jmb

> Articles should not be sent to international FreeBSD lists with
> It is wrong - there is no GuangBao or whatever chinese content on
> international lists, & it misleads mail reader software capable of displaying
> non latin scripts, EG  EXMH-2.1.1 (from FreeBSD-4.1.1 ports/mail/exmh2)
> to construct & displays Chinese random noise from what was intended as a
> meaningful latin fonted posting.
>
> Perhaps postmaster@freebsd.org might add the above to the majordomo
> list description available to new subscribers (if not already included) ?
>
> There's an example mistake below from Sam Wun, but I think this mistake
> has been made by other senders too, & I guess some receivers have until now
> just reacted: "Illegible - Delete" ?

[snip]
> Sender: owner-freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
[snip]