Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 20:37:41 -0700
From:      "G.R.Gircys" <rich@oester.com>
To:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.com, questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: adaptec 154X support (A/B version)

Bill/Carolyn Pechter wrote:
> It should work.  I did have problems with my 1542B and put in a CF and
> found that the problem was a SCSI-1 drive that thought it was SCSI-2.
> I disabled disconnect and sync negotiation on the old HP troublemaker
> under the CF and it's been fine.  The 1542B worked in the system as well
> with the correct jumpering.

i have played with a few drive jumpers and am pretty sure this is a drive problem;
not a generic 154X A/B support issue.

the drive is an old fujitsu 640mb - i've had similar problems with other os's; found
my own notes taped to bottom telling me which os i had to disable sync.

though install now actually sometimes gets to start network download, still panics
with a ECB invalid segment list error.

> I'll try to put a system together to test the 1542B this weekend.
>
> Bill

no need - from other responses obvious A/B generally do work.

thnx,

rich