Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:21:10 +1100
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg nv driver

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:39:17 -0300
JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br> wrote:

> well, the nv driver tends to hang xorg on amd64, at least with all nvidia
> cards I tried. you can still login remotly and restart xorg but that is quiet
> annoying to do every 10 minutes ... appearently it happens only with X2 or
> better on any SMP kernel config and seems it doesn't matter disabling the
> cores because it seems to be a xorg problem and not a os problem, so my
> solution was ati/radeon

I have a similar experience (although nv did work for me at one
stage, it doesn't now.)  Out of interest, what sort of ATI card
did you get, and how well does it go with Xorg's driver?  I'm
coming to the conclusion that replacing my GeForce 6600LE card
is the only way I'm going to get something better than the vesa
driver.

Cheers,

--
Andrew