Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:33:41 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Sean Murphy <smurphy@calarts.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NLB Network Load Balance

On Mar 21, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Sean Murphy wrote:
> Sean Murphy wrote:
> | I have dual NICs (Intel 1000/MT) in my FreeBSD 5.3 Server.  I would
> like
> | to use both NICs to send and receive traffic for NLB.  Each currently
> | has a different IP can some one point me in the right direction so
> that
> | they can act together?

Take a look at "man ng_one2many":

DESCRIPTION
      The one2many provides a simple mechanism for routing packets over
several
      links in a one-to-many (and in the reverse direction, many-to-one)
fash-
      ion.  There is a single hook named one, and multiple hooks named
many0,
      many1, etc.  Packets received on any of the many hooks are
forwarded out
      the one hook.  Packets received on the one hook are forwarded out
one or
      more of the many hooks; which hook(s) is determined by the node's
config-
      ured transmit algorithm.  Packets are not altered in any way.

It's got some caveats...

--
-Chuck