Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:58:41 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 depend on pth...

On 2001.10.04 14:48 Sean Chittenden wrote:
> 	What's the possibility of having XFree86 depend on the pth
> library?  I've been bitten many times by not having pth installed when
>
> compiling its libs.  If I don't hear any reason not to I'd like to
> submit a PR and see this changed if possible.  -sc
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden

Native "pthreads" work quite well with XFree already (and with Mesa).
Using pth would break just about every other port that uses "native"
pthreads.  I see no benefit and much pain on such a project.

--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .