Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:48:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Subject:   dpt raid configuration/management

I just went to the DPT site to see what tools are available to configure
and administer raid arrays under Freebsd. Their site says they have a tool
comming soon but it isn't curently available.

I have some PM2144uw Smartcache IV with the rc4040 Raid/Caching module.
What tools can I use to configure it on a new install and how can I manage
it and recover from drive failures on it?

I would like to be able to set it up with 2.2.8 or 3.3.4 since those  are
the version of freebsd I am using now but I'll get four if it is the only
way.( I use those versions because I don't (afaik) have any compelling
reason to use 4.0. )

TIA

"I hope that after I die, people will say of me : " That guy sure owed me
a lot of money."

-JH