Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:46:47 -0800
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Discussion of guidelines for additional version control  mechanisms (fwd)

> In addition to process it might be attitude.

It might be a stretch but they are kind of the same.

Good processes come from good attitude.  It is extraordinarily
hard for most people (especially smart people) to be introspective
on such questions when they think they already have the answer.

Sometimes people think that because something works for them
it will work in a group.  But we know that's not always the case.

So, how do we get our attitudes adjusted before hitting a wall,
as many companies I've worked for did?  It comes back to agreeing
on a process by which we work.  We have one now, it may not all
be written down, but we do have it.

Later,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
NIC:GN82

"Those who would trade liberty for temporary security deserve neither"
						- Benjamin Franklin