Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:14:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        thierry@herbelot.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loss of ed(4) in a RC1 booted in qemu

In message: <200510132251.00632.thierry@herbelot.com>
            Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com> writes:
: Le Thursday 13 October 2005 21:58, M. Warner Losh a =E9crit :
: >
: > I'll be fixing this in the next day or three and it will be MFC'd f=
rom
: > head into RC2 when that happens.  I'm not sure where the snapshots
: > are, but there's a patch floating around to get around the qemu iss=
ue
: > just posted if you can't wait.  I plan on trying it now with RC1.  =
: > also plan on looking into the ne2000.c emulation to see why things =
are
: > failing (eg, is it a flaw in the RTL8029 emulation, or a flaw in if=
_ed
: > somewhere).
: =

: Great ! I'll try the patch ASAP

Looks like it is a combination of problems.  The PCI registers claim
to be a 8029, but it doesn't emulate the 8029 specific registers.  I
have a patch for this.  In addition, the ed driver has a mistake in
its 8029 support.  I've fixed this as well and am testing the result.

Warner