Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        brian@FreeBSD.org, alex@big.endian.de, jonny@jonny.eng.br
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   uk-*, british-*, br-*

Hi,

I noticed that some ports don't use proper ISO-639 language codes for
package name prefixes.  If you guys don't mind, I would like to change
the following package names:

br-ispell      -> pt_BR-ispell
british-ispell -> en_GB-ispell
uk-phone       -> en_GB-phone
uk-postcodes   -> en_GB-postcodes
us-zipcodes    -> en_US-zipcodes

Actually I'm not sure about the last three.  When I wrote the
"language specifier" section of the handbook, I wasn't really thinking
of regional software which are more about a region or a country itself
rather than the language.

It looks rather awkward since, for instance, "en_US-zipcodes" means
"this is a list of zipcodes for US English" when it should just say
"... for US".  If you have any good ideas, please let me know.

Satoshi

P.S. We can't just use "US-zipcodes" and such, we are planning to
     convert all package names to lowercase when we go to multi-level
     categories.