Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:04:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7-RC2 packages

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> > What is the appropriate time and place to discuss package layouts?
> > There are a few other things I would like to see on disk1 which
> > are often found on other disks.  Most notably, I would like to see
> > icewm and xlockmore on disk1.

And I forgot one: xautolock.

> Well...earlier would have been better, but we'll see.

Actually, I'm willing to be early on the 4.8 release.  Just curious
when/where is best to discuss this.  The 4.7 schedule says:

    Package split posted    17 Sep 2002    --

          The proposed package split (which packages go on
          which disc of the 4 CD set) should be posted to
          qa@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, and
          stable@FreeBSD.org.

> The problem with window managers is that *everyone* wants to see
> their favorite window manager on disc 1.  :-)

Yes, I understand.

My (probably unpopular) opinion would be that getting rid of the kde
and gnome stuff would free up lots of room.  I don't want to rehash
old discussions if this has been beat to death.

Stuart