Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:56:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument

I just had this very same problem the other day.  It is due to not having
a kernel with the proper features.

When you build a custom kernel you need to add the following options.

options         IPFIREWALL              # firewall
options         IPDIVERT                # divert(4) sockets

After you reboot you should be able to add your divert rules to the
firewall.

If you need more info, here is a ton...

http://www.greasydaemon.com/cgi/udmsearch/gd.cgi?q=ipdivert+ipfw&m=any

Brennan Stehling - software developer and system administrator
  my projects:
       home.offwhite.net (free personal hosting)
       www.greasydaemon.com (bsd search)