Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:44:11 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Keeping mutliple machine and telnets straight....

My personal favorite bash function.  It places the host name and
current working directory in the title bar of the xterm every time you cd.
Of course you have to cd to after you telnet/logout, but I find the
simplicity
makes up for the this slight annoyance.  On systems where you use different
account names, a `whoami` can be easily added.

Does anyone of of a ksh command equivalent to the bash builtin?  I have
looked
and looked and never found it, although I assume it must be there.

function  cd  ()
{
        builtin cd  $1
        if [ $TERM = "xterm" ] ;