Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 08:42:56 -0300
From:      compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange behavior of sync

I started using samba to connect my FreeBSD box to a Win95. Working very well.
But I start to notice that sometimes, when I shutdown the FreeBSD box
it starts syncing the disk (4 giga), counting from 17 (!) and after a while
gives up and reboots after displaying the message "15 seconds to reboot".
Any relation ? Problems with the disk ?

TIA !

ps.: the other day a get, after a shutdown: panic - VS failure or something like
that and the machine crashes. Needed to turn off and on.