Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:41:44 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        brian@awfulhak.org (Brian Somers), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail filters in 2.2.5

> > > 	first, that "^M" is it in the file?
> > > 	is so please delete it.
> > > 	after deleting the "^M"
> > > 	cd /etc/mail; make install
> >
> > Hmm, the domains.txt I got with the ``make'' had 'em in, so I figured
> > they were meant to be :-I
>
> 	ahh.....did you use DOS!
> 	"^M" is teh DOS extra end-of-line character.
> 	DOS uses both <cr> and <lf> to indicate and end-of-line.
> 	Unix uses only one, the Mac uses the other.

Funny this.  I did the ``make'' from a FreeBSD box.  Perhaps
ftp://ftp.gulf.net/pub/docs/domains.txt really has got nasty ^Ms at
the end of the lines :-|  AFAIK, fetch *never* does ascii (^M)
translations (this is correct IMHO).

Oh well, they're gone now :-)  Thanks again.

[.....]

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;