Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alok Barsode <namaskar_alok@yahoo.co.in>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Issues with Network device drivers

Hello,
I had some basic questions regarding the FreeBSD
Device driver model(I am using FreBSD4.10 )
I have a Phy-Controller for which I am developing a
device driver.
I have writing the PHY driver(/sys/dev/mii/my_phy.c)
In order to test it,I wanted to build it as a module.
I have a few Q:

1. Is it possible to get the phy driver build
separately        (as a module)than the miibus module?
Or will the phy support be interated in the miibus
module?(The Makefile in /sys/modules/mii suggests that
all PHYs support is integrated in miibus.ko)

2. Will i have to make a new entry in the
/i3s6/conf/MYKERNEL indicating a new device under MII?

3. Is the Network Device driver model not documented
in  detail?

Thanks,
Alok.