Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:53:38 -0400
From:      "Christopher M. Sedore" <cmsedore@maxwell.syr.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Route advertising

I feel a little silly asking this, but:  what is the recommended way to
"force" a route announcement via RIP in FreeBSD 4.1?

The situation is this:  I have a remote network connected back into my own
with a ipsec tunnel.  I need to advertise the remote network on my local
network, and, for a variety of reasons, I don't want to let RIP propagate
the route all the way back from the interface on the FreeBSD box at the
remote site.  I have a router/firewall running 4.1-RELEASE that the is the
local endpoint of the ipsec tunnel and I'd like to force routed to advertise
a route to this remote net.

-Chris