Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 19:44:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New daemon pictures (Re: "Commissioning" some artwork..)

> Not that i wanna start any sort of flame war... but i'm located in
> europe: the Giant Step is rather US-centric.  Think of a daemon riding
> on the back of a Sputnik -- you certainly would call it Soviet-
> centric then...

Ooh! Ooh!

How about this... a couple of spaceships, linked together, the Daemon in a
spacesuit in the foreground. The ships are Apollo and Soyuz. The caption is
"Contact has been made" (or if someone has a *real* quote from A-S that'd
be even better.

BSD making contact with the world.

No identification as to which is BSD of course...

(I still love the Giant Step... remember, it wasn't "A Giant Step for the
 United States", it was "A giant step for Mankind".)