Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:41:22 -0700
From:      benchmark <zslist@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS config for dhcp

I have a DHCP setup, and as part of the network interface config, i've
got my hostname and domain setup as rainier.sbcglobal.com. Note that I
have my own DHCP sever (my wireless access point, which in turn is
getting a dhcp address from SBC).

#hostname
rainier.sbcglobal.com

but host or bind won't run correctly, as the name of my network/dhcp
setup is really not in the DNS of my ISP. I believe that's cause cvsup
misbehave (as well as browser's behaving very slowly or timedout).
cvsup only worked once, it always came back with a network read error
after connecting to the freebsd host, and wasn't able to get any
files....

So how do i go about fixing this problem?
thanks.