Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:01:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: blowfish passwords in FreeBSD

According to Dmitry Kohmanyuk:
> In article <199702172225.XAA21874@ocean.campus.luth.se> you wrote:
[...]
> I think that just having main repository into a normal country can be a
> better option.  Sadly, most normal countries have poorer Internet
> connectivity.

Try scandinavia. As far as I know all the scandinavian countries have
very good internet connectivity. Ok... Sometimes the US link is not the best,
but then again, that is not scandinavia having a bad connection to internet.
It's US having a bad connection to the internet. ;-)
Meaning, if the US-Europe link sucks, it's neither sides fault, really.
And wouldn't i be better to ahve the main repository outside US, and having
that mirrored into the machine that today is the main repository. That seems
more logical, no? And have all encryption things written outside the US,
so that it can be downloaded by everyone. As far as I understand, there's
no problem importing encryption stuff into the US, is it? It seems to me
that moving the main repository would be the easiest and most logical
solution, since we could add all the encryption we wanted, then, without
any problems.

  /Mikael