Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:32:29 -0600
From:      "Jeff Tolley" <jeff@comnetcom.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   quick question on passwd file.

I hope this in the right place.
We are currently in the process of migrating our webserver to a better
machine. What is the best way to move the users from the old machine to the
new machine? Is simply copying over the passwd and master.passwd file's
enough? Obviously I'd have to check home directories and shells.
Both machines are running FreeBSD. The old machine is running 2.2.6-RELEASE,
the newer one is running 3.3-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Jeff Tolley - jeff@comnetcom.net
Senior Systems Adminstrator