Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:47:14 -0700
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        Tom Judge <tom@tomjudge.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "kernel: carp_input: received len 20 < sizeof(struct carp_header)" messages

On Nov 4, 2010, at 19:28, Tom Judge wrote:

>> I checked that we don't have any overlapping vhid/vrid IDs.  Any idea =
for how to either just suppress the log message from the kernel or =
getting it to log some more details so we can try to make the underlying =
problem go away?
>>=20
>=20
> Take a look at the following page:
>=20
> http://www.tomjudge.com/index.php/FreeBSD/CARP_vs_VRRP
>=20
> It contains a patch to change the CARP protocol ID to something that =
is
> not used so these messages go away.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply.   I was hoping we wouldn't have to rebuild the =
kernel (doh) since we use a basically abandoned version of pfSense (the =
pfSense team are for all their efforts and good work seemingly unable to =
get a new release out the door).

I agree that it was pretty dumb of the OpenBSD developers to just stomp =
on another protocol ID for their (and ours in FreeBSD ...) =
implementation.

 - ask

--=20