Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:53:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mp3

> If anyone has a mailcap line that works for mp3's, even if it doesn't
> use amp, could they send it to me please?
>
> Any other audio lines would be appreciated, too (I just got my new sound
> card working on my smp system ... yea!!)

~/.mailcap:

  audio/x-mpeg;amp %s 2>/dev/null
  audio/x-wav;splay  %s
  audio/x-pcm;pcmplay %s
  audio/x-aiff;splay %s
  audio/x-au;cat %s > /dev/audio
  audio/x-pn-realaudio; /usr/local/lib/raplayer3.0/raplayer %s
  audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin;/usr/local/lib/raplayer3.0/raplayer

~/.mime.types:

  type=audio/x-mpeg  \
  desc="MPEG Audio"  \
  exts="mp2,mpa,mpega,mp3"
  #
  type=audio/x-wav  \
  desc="WAV Audio"  \
  exts="wav"
  #
  type=audio/x-aiff  \
  desc="AIFF Audio"  \
  exts="aif,aiff,aifc"
  #
  type=audio/x-pcm  \
  desc="CD PCM audio"  \
  exts="pcm"
  #
  type=audio/x-au  \
  desc="AU audio"  \
  exts="au,aau"
  #
  type=audio/x-pn-realaudio      exts=rm,ra,ram
  type=audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin      exts=rpm,ram,rm,ra

You'll probably also want to compile xmix for volume control, treble,
bass, etc.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting