Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2010 00:10:07 GMT
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/142837: [patch] emulators/linux_base-* packages fails to  install when linux.ko is not installed

The following reply was made to PR ports/142837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To: Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/142837: [patch] emulators/linux_base-* packages fails to
	install when linux.ko is not installed
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:08:44 -0600

 On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> wrote:
 > Scot, thanks for the patch. Really there is no consystency. ;-)
 > However, I'm not sure if the proposed behavior is desirable.
 > I.e. if a port loads kernel module but the system is not configured
 > to do it at next reboot, then a user may got very surprised. Esp.
 > if previous uptime was several months...

 The pkg-message informs the user to add linux_enable to rc.conf to
 enable Linux mode permanetly.  If they don't pay attention to the
 pkg-message it is their fault for not enabling it. ;-)

 Scot