Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 1996 20:37:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Booting up

I need to get the bootup process working.  My setup is 3 scsi disks:
sd0: dedicated to FreeBSD, /, 48M swap (b), and /usr
sd1: also dedicated to FreeBSD, 48M swap (b), and /usr2 (e)
sd2: The small one, 200M dedicated to dos.

FreeBSD works fine, boots fine, but I cannot get the presently installed
bteasy to recognize sd2.  I can get to it if I boot from floppy, and I've
formatted it and installed dos, but I can't get it to boot (yes, the
partition on sd2 is marked active, I checked).

I need to have matlab working by Monday for an engineering class, nothing
else will do (math department is equally adamant about Mathematica, but I
have that working under FreeBSD!)  Can I please get some help in making
the 3rd scsi disk boot?

Oh, I forgot, scsi ids are sd0=1, sd1=2, sd2=4.

I can't find any docs on bteasy or bootinst, but given any choice, I'd
choose bteasy.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |