Date:      Tue, 03 May 2005 22:40:12 -0500
From:      Gandalf The White <gandalf@digital.net>
To:        Daniel Valencia <fetrovsky@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sending MAC packets

Greetings and Salutations:

On 5/3/05 7:33 PM, "Daniel Valencia" <fetrovsky@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm doing research on network-layer protocols, so I
> need a way to send packets straight into layer 2.  So
> far i've been reffered to raw sockets, but i've read
> the code and i cannot skip header checking and that
> stuff...  Is there a way to interact with the network
> if in a way that I can get network parameters (mtu,
> etc.) and send packets (specify destination mac
> address and payload)??
> Thank you
> - Daniel

Try netwib/netwox/netwag.  Netwag has a nice GUI:
http://www.laurentconstantin.com/en/

Ken

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and
quick to anger.
Ken Hollis - Gandalf The White - gandalf@digital.net - O- TINLC
WWW Page - http://digital.net/~gandalf/
Trace E-Mail forgery - http://digital.net/~gandalf/spamfaq.html