Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:32:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        eculp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release from 25/jan/98.

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

1. The make release target is for experts only.

2. If you feel yourself to be an expert then you MUST then at least
   take care to read and *thoroughly understand*
   /usr/src/release/Makefile.

In this case, as the file plainly shows, the doc distribution was
reenabled again and the user here isn't cvsup'ing the docs, hence the
error.  I don't have time to improve *and* document the release
building tools right now, folks, so if you're going to use this stuff
then you have to watch the commit messages and read that file
carefully from time to time so that you can keep up.

					Jordan