Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:58:02 +0200
From:      Ralf Folkerts <ralf.folkerts@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eclipse, User-Installed Plugins won't work

  Hi,

yesterday I launched Eclipse - after ~3 weeks not using it and ~two=20
"portmaster -a" runs during that period. However, there were none of my=20
Plugins active.

As I was unsure of the Status of my Install I removed my ~/.eclipse and=20
~/workspace (moved the Projects Files away before) and started "fresh";=20
entered the Update-Locations and installed the Plugins. The Install went =

fine. However, after a restart of Eclipse the installed Plugins were not =

"visible" i.e. there was no PyDev Perspective, my PyDev Item in=20
Preferences, ... However, there also were no errors logged in the error l=
og.

I tried several times with several Plugins; log4e, pydev, mylyn, apache=20
directory sudio, HgEclipse. Didn't get them to work and no error logged. =

I also deinstalled Eclipse and installed freshly, in between checking=20
that /usr/local/lib/eclipse was really completely removed,

Still no success.

Now I just started eclipse with kdesu and installed pydev -- and I=20
indeed got the PyDev Perspective, Pydev-Item in the Properties etc.

Is there anything to consider when installing Updates as mere User? I=20
also recognized that my "User" Update Location List was empty, while the =

"kdesu" List did contain the "usual" two Update Sites for Eclipse...

Would be cool to get this cleared; I'd prefer to install (and Update)=20
Plugins as "normal" User over running Eclipse as root to perform these=20
tasks.

MTIA & Cheers,
_ralf_