Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:41:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        hacking group <pcmaf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, hacking group wrote:

[this belongs on -questions, not -hackers]

> i want a unix opraiting system but all the ones i heard of need
> partition and i do not want to format my drive
> so please tell me if freebsd need partition.

Yes, if you read some of the FreeBSD installation literature you
will find that you do need a separate partition for FreeBSD.
However, you may not need to format your drive.  The fips utility
is available (see ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/tools/) to
reparition your hdd with forcing you to format it.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk