Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 09:09:04 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        CONDOR <condor@inreach.com>, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: secure deletion

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 02:13:09PM +0200, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> No prize but passing your physics class if you can say why it goes to
> approx an inch long pieces, and all the effects then stop.

Hmm...  one inch fits nicely inside the microwave wavelength.  I'd
guess an inch corresponds to about half a wavelength.

That's a pretty lame guess, though.

I suppose I should try it first and see what exactly you mean by "a
neat pattern of lightening."  :-)

[Hmmm...  That would give a wavelength of 5cm, but a quick websearch
tells me the waves in question should be 12 cm.  Oh well.  :-]

One inch does roughly correspond to 1/4 wavelength.  Hm.

I get stuck with 2 physics courses next year.  You have little idea
how much me and 99% of the rest of my class would like to avoid those.  :)

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.