Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 03:03:20 -0800
From:      Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel recompile

I copied the GENERIC file to a KERNEL file, changed the identifcation =
line from GENERIC to KERNEL, and got a compile error:

../../nfs/nfs_nqlease.c		In function 'nqsrv-getlease':
				nqsrv_l undeclared (first use of this function)
				Each undeclared identifier is reported once
				for each function it appears.
				Parse error before character 0357

I didn't have this problem with another machine, but I did modify the =
kernel before recompiling it.  However, I wanted to see if I was somehow =
making changes on the new machine causing the kernel not to recompile.  =
I don't think I was, though, all I changed was the identification line.

Anyone know why that happened?

Also, I just want to see if there was anything else I should do for the =
memory of the machine.  It has 128 MB of RAM, and the only reference I =
found was to add=20

options	"MAXMEM=3D131072" to the kernel.

Is that it?

Thanks.

Chad