Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:10:40 CST
From:      steve <tresstatus@bsdpunk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UDMA errors

Hi,
I've been using the same motherboard and hard drive for almost a year.  The
mobo is a FIC SD11 with an athlon processor.  The hard drive is a western
dig caviar 15.3GB.  I've used windows, linux, obsd, and fbsd on it, but I
only notice this error on freebsd.  It writes fine and reads fine from what
I can tell.  I've noticed no loss or corruption of data.  Here is the error
message.  Note there are a lot more of these than I'm gonna post.

ad0: UDMA ICRC WRITE ERROR blk# 15426431 retrying
ad0: UDMA ICRC WRITE ERROR blk# 27879519 retrying
ad0: UDMA ICRC WRITE ERROR blk# 29779919 retrying

If I do a dmesg, I get several screens full of this.  Any idea what the
problem is?  Like I said, it seems to work fine in other OSes.  Maybe
someone else with this same combo has had the same problem.  In both of my
fbsd installs on this computer, it has done this, so I don't think it's the
filesystem.  Thanks for any help.

--
stephen
---